White Plains, NY 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Lawyer
Guiding 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Foundations Since 1999
Caring for the rights of individuals, as well as the overall good of the community, has led attorney Claudia Pollak to focus her law practice on advising 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable foundations. Her services on behalf of nonprofit organizations have spanned her 20-year legal career (including serving as in-house general counsel of a nonprofit healthcare risk management organization). Attorney Claudia Pollak has represented numerous charitable and educational organizations in obtaining their federal 501(c)(3) tax-exemption and assists nonprofits in complying with the maze of federal and state laws and regulations that govern their activities. This allows the public charity to focus on its mission – rather than on interpreting and complying with requirements in a complicated regulatory environment. Organizations with a strong legal foundation have what it takes to springboard their chosen missions to success. Attorney Claudia Pollak is grateful for the opportunity to participate in these activities, that better our community and enrich the lives of the people within it.
501(c)(3) Nonprofit Compliance Attorney
Attorney Claudia Pollak’s work on behalf of nonprofit organizations has spanned her 20-year legal career. She has steadfastly represented foundations and charities in complying with the maze of federal and state laws and regulations that govern not-for-profit and 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. She advises nonprofit founders on the legal requirements involved with starting up and operating a tax-exempt organization in a legally compliant manner. This allows clients to focus on the achievement of their charitable mission, rather than learning how to interpret and comply with the state and federal laws and regulations. As part of her nonprofit startup services, Attorney Pollak prepares and files the IRS Form 1023 to obtain federal tax-exemption, drafts a legally compliant Certificate of Incorporation that is filed with the Secretary of State which meets state and federal requirements for tax-exempt organizations. In addition, she advises tax-exempt clients on special transactions that are regulated by the IRS, including payment of executive compensation to directors, officers, key employees and certain other individuals, engaging in corporate sponsorships and conducting foreign activities such as a “friends of” organizations that raise funds in the United States to donate to foreign affiliates. Attorney Pollak also has expertise in starting-up and managing private foundations to enable them to operate in a legally compliant manner that meets the goals of its founders.
Ask about our flat-fee Nonprofit Incorporation and Tax-Exemption Package!
Incorporation Tax-Exemption Package Includes:
- Draft and file legally-compliant Certificate of Incorporation with the NY Secretary of State
- Complete and file IRS Form 1023, Application for Federal Tax-Exemption
- File CHAR410, NYS Attorney General Registration Statement
- File CT-247, NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Application for Exemption from Corporation Franchise Taxes
- File ST-119.2, NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Application for Sales Tax Exemption
Specialized Legal Advice and Documents
- Attorney counseling regarding governance and operational structure
- Specialized bylaws
- Mission Statement
- Organizational Board Written Consent
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Public Disclosure Policy
- 990 Review Policy
- Document Retention Policy
- Executive Compensation Policy
Ask about our flat-fee Annual Compliance Package!
Nonprofit Annual Compliance Package Includes:
- Filing of IRS 990-N, or review accountant’s 990-EZ or 990
- Filing of CHAR500 with NYS Attorney General
- Draft updated Mission Statement
- Conflict of Interest Policy Compliance
- Draft annual board and members’ meeting agendas and minutes
- Board Audit Compliance (*audit not included)
- Four hours of professional legal time by attorney Claudia Pollak
- Additional legal time charged at reduced discounted rate